Thursday 30 August 2007

Woman claims 'vicious pranks' have made her life a nightmare

By Will Davies

A WOMAN from Lower Shiplake claims that a campaign of hate is being waged against her — and says since June this year she has been victimised over half a dozen times.

Elaine Fowler, of Westfield Crescent, says over the last three months she has fallen victim to a series of ‘vicious and childish’ pranks, including a dishwasher, awaiting collection, being dragged in front of her gate to block her in.

“On June 18th somebody had propped a sharp object under the tyre of my car, so when I reversed it burst and I had to pay for a new tyre,” she said.

“Ten days later my camper van was reported to the district council as being parked on the public highway whilst declared as Statutory Off Road Notice when in fact it is parked on land not maintained by the highways division.”

In mid-July, Ms. Fowler says she found her garage door forced open, causing her to have the lock repaired, and on the night of July 27th, a heavy concrete fence post, left by the housing association, Soha, after storms in January, was dragged behind a visiting friend’s car, blocking him in.

She added: “Last Friday, my dogs alerted me to an intruder outside and I discovered that criminal damage had been done to my camper van.

“Then, on Sunday, police rang me to say they had received an anonymous ’phone call to tell them I was parked on the pavement when in fact I was not.

“Police say there is little I can do. Every day now, I have to check the tyres on my car and check to see if something has been stuffed up the exhaust. It is very childish.”

Ms. Fowler says she has no proof as to who is responsible.

No comments: